Monday, 26 March 2012

Using Market Leader for my business English class

I have some private students interested in learning Business English. I am using the book Market Leader New Edition of Pearson Longman.

In Unit 8 students learn about employment issues and vocabulary related to this topic. The unit begins with a quotation I cannot agree more: "No matter how successful you are, your business and its future are in the hands of the people you hire" by Akio Morita - founder of Sony and inventor of the walkman.

In the teacher's notes there is some information I found interesting.

For example, appearance, experience, qualifications are taken into consideration when you apply for a job, but in Japan, blood group is very important as well. Why? Click here
and in France, handwriting is taken very seriously! Click here for further reading.


If you want to have private Business English lessons, contact me via mail

4 comments:

kobe said...

i major in business english in my college, i hope you can share with me, really thank you

Healthy Thief said...

I enjoyed every page on your blog. Your articles are just amazing.
If you have spare time and looking for a great site for physical exercise and about diet. Visit the site, name is Diet for Health. This site can be useful to you, your family and friend’s. Don’t forget to visit the site. Thanks again for your post. Waiting for your future Posts as well.

Englisch Übersetzer Schweiz said...

Great book, hear about it, actually it was recommended by some other people too. A language learning book should actually provide you with useable business information too ; )

CSI - ESL Academy said...

There is definitively no better method to improve our businesses than by learning how to communicate our ideas.