Friday, 2 July 2010

The British Council in Second Life

Today is my free morning and I am enjoying surfing the net, facebooking, twittering and of course, blogging! Unfortunatelly I cannot blog as often as I would like to due to my duties as ICT coordinator and teacher trainer. I have been pretty busy but really happy.

Exploring Second life is one of my postponed activities. By the way, I have found some information about the British Council in Second Life at http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/second-life

What can you  do in the British Council Area in Second Life?

When you are on the British Council island, you can:
  • learn English in different ways
  • meet new friends throughout the world
  • have fun solving puzzles and problems
  • learn about the UK
  • improve your computer skills
This is very important:

  • It's free for all teenagers 13-17 years old
  • Accounts are provided only to users when proof of age is given to the British Council
  • Provided accounts are strictly for use by teenagers
  • Second Life guidelines for teens can be found here: http://teen.secondlife.com/parents/safety 
More important:
Graham Stanley is in charge of this project! You can contact him for further info at graham.stanley@britishcouncil.es



1 comment:

Graham Stanley said...

Thanks for this, Nelba - I'd be happy to hear from any teachers who have students who are interested